The Federal Reserve Board’s Regulation D defines the types and number of transactions that can be performed on non-transaction accounts. This includes all Share and Money Market Accounts, which comprise of:
- Regular Savings Accounts
- Secondary Savings Accounts (if applicable)
- Club Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
During any month, you may not make more than six withdrawals or transfers from your Share and Money Market Accounts to another credit union account of yours or to a third party by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction.
Up to six withdrawals and/or transfers per month from your Share and Money Market Accounts may be made by:
- Overdraft transfers (to cover checks written)
- Phone requests - (excluding checks mailed directly to member)
- Home Banking (excluding checks mailed directly to member)
- ACH or EFT
- PET voice response (excluding checks mailed directly to member)
Up to three additional withdrawals and/or transfers per month from your Share and Money Market Accounts, but not to exceed the Reg. D total six per month in combination with those above, may be made by:
- Writing checks to a third party from Share and Money Market Accounts
- Performing a merchant transaction via your VISA Debit card (if applicable)
- Performing a merchant Point of Sale (POS) via your VISA Debit/ATM card (if applicable)
Not Reg. D - An unlimited number of withdrawals and transfers may be made by:
- An Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- Any member performing the transaction In-person at the credit union or branch location
- A check being mailed to the member's primary mailing address (i.e., check payable to the member)
- Mail or messenger requests (not faxes)
- The purpose of making loan payments (Share to Loan transfers)
If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above in any statement period, your account will be subject to closure by the credit union. Items in excess of six per month require special handling and a $3.00 per item fee will be assessed. Money market accounts will be assessed a fee of $5.00 per item. This process is invoked rather than returning items unpaid.
Specific Regulation D guidelines can be found in our “Account Information” Disclosure. You may call any of our Branches for a copy.