As you enter college, you will no doubt be bombarded with offers of credit from many banks and credit unions. Choose wisely, for the choice you make can affect your financial future for years to come. Carefully consider which offer of credit you accept.
As you acquire loans, you will build your credit history. Your credit score is a value that reflects your financial behavior. In other words, if someone lends you money, how likely is it that you will pay them back? Financial institutions have less risk when they lend to a person with a high credit score.
Your credit score will determine if you are able to do the following:
- Finance a new or used car
- Buy a home
- Purchase a cell phone
- Obtain a credit card or department store charge card
- Rent or lease an apartment
- Hook up utilities without a large deposit
YOUR CREDIT SCORE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT DETERMINES THE LOAN RATE YOU WILL RECEIVE.
The lower your interest rate:
- The lower your monthly payment will be
- Your loan will cost you less
- You will have more money in your pocket to spend on other things
How to increase your credit score:
- Always pay your bills before the due date
- Have a mix of loans (home, auto, credit card, department store, personal)
- Keep your loans longer. (Don't switch credit cards every 6 months)
- Don't max out your credit card. Keep your balance to available limit low.
FREE ONLINE BANKING
What is Online Banking? Home Banking is a convenient and secure way to access your account 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, through the Internet.
How do I sign up for Online Banking? Please contact any branch office for instructions on how to access your account through Online Banking.
What transactions services are available?
You can perform the following transactions:
- Check credit union account balances
- Transfer money within your account
- Transfer money to joint members' accounts (you will need to contact us at any branch so we may set up your request to transfer funds to another member's account).
- Order a check withdrawal to be mailed to your home
- Make a payment to your California Community Visa Credit Card Account
- Print a history of your transactions
- Print copies (front & back) of your cleared checks
- Download and import history to Quicken, MS Money or Excel
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Let us help you:
- Establish credit with our first time buyer program
- Purchase a new or used vehicle
- Buy a computer
- Get your first credit card
- Explain in simple language how credit works
- Educate you in avoiding bad loan decisions
Call (916) 386-1418 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.